Thursday, January 21, 2010

All teenagers need to rebel in order to grow up, what do you think?

this is an IGCSE past paper, Continuos Writting.


Argumentative/Discursive.


Its an interesting question! please answer! thanks :DAll teenagers need to rebel in order to grow up, what do you think?
My parents never told me I couldn't do anything during my teenage years - just outlined why whatever it was I wanted to do might not be a good idea, but ultimately let me make up my own mind. I guess that means that traditional rebellion of 'you said I couldn't do x so that means I'm going to do it' couldn't really happen. Many of my peers who had more rules and regulations (and who rebelled against them spectacularly) now seem to be less mature than I do.





So I would say that teenagers don't necessarily need to rebel, but they do need to start forming their own opinions and making their own decisions about things. In growing up I have chosen to go to university, where I wanted to go, what subjects I wanted to take, I have chosen boyfriends and then chosen to break up with them, and I have questioned my religion - none of them have been technically 'rebellions' because my parents have not specified what they wanted me to do in any of these situations. However, in being trusted to make my own decisions, I have grown up just as much as I would have done had I rebelled against my parents' decisions.





Hope this helps.


xAll teenagers need to rebel in order to grow up, what do you think?
I think there is a small point there. This question really depends on the parents, though. If the parents recognize that they are raising adults, not children, then the kids can grow up without ever rebelling. This idea is a distinctly Christian idea, although a lot of other families have adopted the same point of view. I consider myself grown up, and I am doing everything my parents want. I think I feel a lot better than teenagers who rebel or hate their parents for holding them back.
Well many teens argue with adults and everything but that is no reason for them to rebel... I am a teen and never felt the need to do that many people say i am very mature for my age and I feel proud of that.. because why be known for something bad opposed too representing yourself like a young lady or gentlemen and being mature. Many opportunities come for those who handle things well such as jobs.
I Think So.


Im 16 And When I Was 12,13,14 I Disagreed With Everyone. Did Things My Own Way Thinking They Were Better Than Anyone Else's Idea's.


But Now I Realise That There Are People Worse Off Than Me, And All I Need Is My Family :)


Im Looking Forward To My Future Now, I Just Got Into College To Do Hair And Beauty And Im Planning On Going Travelling.


Things Work Out Better When You Rebel, It Gives You A Chance To Find Yourself And Work Things Out In Life.


Just Make Sure You Have The Right Kind Of Parents Though, Not The Ones That Don't Care, And Not The Ones That Are To Strict. My Mum Was There For Me Through Thick And Thin And Used Her Wise Words To Help Me See Sense:)


Hope I Helped :) X
yes, to a certain degree. children will rebel to try to set themselves apart from their parents. rebellion to varying degrees is a natural part of growing up. as kids grow up they begin to develop their own personalities, beliefs and wants from life. sometimes this is different from what their parents want for them.
I agree..........Many other ppl who commented said that they never rebeled as teens and i think thats all bs. Even if it's just the little thing like, sneaking makeup, or watching things ur not supposed to, every teenager comes across a situation where they just don't listen to the things their parents tell them. that's life............. Sometimes parents don't understand their children as much as they would like to think........We must all keep in mind that when our parenst were younger they lived in a completely different world as far as technology. The same will applie for wen eva we have our own children. so to answer your question in a nutshell i say yes....sometimes it's wat kids have to do in order to make themselves and parents see eye to eye.
This is an interesting question!!!


I agree! Because us teens need to act on their immature actions and serve consequences so they can see how immature they are so then they will straighten up their act therefore becoming more mature and not making the same mistakes over.
Nope, I'm a teenager and I don't rebel.. I think I'm very grown up for my age.
it would be too boring if you didn't,in some cases. however sometimes you have to set your own lines not to cross.
Not at all.
No.
most do

No comments:

Post a Comment