Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do people think all teenagers r bad?

when i hear people say that it drives me crazy! not all r like that! its only the bad ones who make the news!


pleaz no stupid answers.Why do people think all teenagers r bad?
Historically, teenagers go through a rebellious stage. While some don't, a lot actually do, whether it be arguing and being grumpy with their folks or worse...I mean, I know I did, arguing with my mum and dad, ignoring what they told me, etc...Why do people think all teenagers r bad?
statistic proven them right


that's why you pay higher car insurance


you like to drink


party and have premartial sex


so the reputation is justly deserved


this is nto ot say there are not good teens


there are


but there are far more screwed up ones that good ones
I don't feel that way, all 4 of my children where 13 - 19 at the same time, Sometimes things got a little hay wired, but mostly it was fun watching them grow up and having a good time, plus they all where my best friends too. Sounds silly to others, but they helped raise me to be a better person and moma.
I don't think that all teenagers are bad. You are right- it IS the bad ones that make the news. You rarely hear about the teenagers doing something good. Why don't you tell us what really good thing you've done lately?
I like teenagers. I think they're funny and cute; fun to watch. But, you're right, only the bad ones make the news. And, they can be a trial at times, as they try to assert their independence and as their hormones surge. Nothing worse than a pack of teenagers with cell-phones on the train! But adults should remember: We were all teenagers once!!
No, that is a sterotype, I hate to hear that myself. When I was a teenager, adults didn't like me just because of that. It saddens me that people still believe that.
because people remember the bad things they did as teenagers and assume that all teens will do bad things.
You answered it yourself. The bad ones are the only ones that make the news. This makes it seem that all teenagers are bad. I say:


I am bad.
Because WE used to be teenagers !!!! duh
Its the most common stereotype unfortunately. Change it.
Not all people think all teenagers are bad. Thats also stereotyping. There are good and bad of everyone whether it be teens or adults. If you think everyone thinks you or other teens are bad I'm sure they will meet someone who thinks just the opposite. Don't believe everything you hear. That maybe an old saying but it's a true one.
It's a stereotype. All you can do is try to prove it wrong.
When people see the news that is going on today with kids doing things that fall below standards they get the impression that all kids are like that. Don't like it get you upset just prove people wrong do better then they expect you to
I don't think all people think teenagers are bad. I certainly don't. I know lots of teenagers that are great! Teenagers are going through a tough time, and they tend to be rebellious. But that is a part of growing into an adult.
Stereotyping, Statistics. etc..
because every generation rebels to try to be differant from the ones before, some times its good, for it opens up new ideas, and ways of doing things, and some times its a step into a way of life thats unmanageable, like revereing pimps and hos or wanting to emulate people with no moral compass ,like certain leaders that steal in office and get caught, im afraid that a lot of people paint themselves into the corner and lose their options in life by blindly following bad role models,, an olde dude
stereotyping
teens are good you have to think you were there once yourself
I have three great teenagers that behave badly but are good kids Got to love em
They tend to generalize one bad thing on everything.





Somes are extremely annoying, specially the ones who wouldn't even take off their annoyingly big backpack off their back in the bus. Stupidly annoying. The ones who do might be exceptions.
It is pretty simple. Generally people ony pay attention to the bad and gorry that is put on the news. Sooo, the media helps by only printing the bad. We don't hear about the teenagers who volunteer for hours each week, or get straight A's, or the ones that just do as they're told and obey their parents. It does not sell add space. I have lots of teenagers in my world and they are all great. Here is my suggestions, if you are a great or just well behaved teenager, just toot your own horn. Let the world know what I already know, that there are many great teenagers in the world.
It's always been that way. Some teenagers get in trouble, but it impacts on us all. I've gotten a lot of dirty looks, just walking through a store. I've had a friend who couldn't get gas at a gas station because the women running it didn't trust him to pay for the gas lol. I have though seen a lot of teenagers acting like idiots in malls and on the streets though, so it's better to be safe than sorry I guess...but I know it's still unfair for EVERYONE to be judged the same because of some little jackasses.
I think it's with every generation. I don't think there are so many bad teenagers, I just think they don't always make wise choices, but that's everyone, not just teenagers. I have 2 boys that just turned 17 %26amp; 18 and they're decent kids they just don't think right all the time. If it bothers you why not say something the next time you hear someone say something like that, confront them nicely, and maybe they'll have a change of heart.
I don't think all of them are bad. I have 2 good ones of my own.
unfortunately, one bad apple spoils the bunch. and youre stuck with the reputation. I work with a lot of great teenagers. But great teenagers don't make interesting news stories.
cuz they learning bout bad things and still immature so combined=stupid stunts
of course they think where bad look at some of the stuff teenagers have done its all horrible. oh wait whats this adults have done the same and worse. point made.
i HATE it when ppl say we are all bad ur right the STUPID ppl b4 us%26lt;not all of them%26gt; have ruined it for us the ppl b4 us had to do stupid things%26lt; once again not all of them%26gt; but some of them have ruined it for all of us!!!! it is not fair!
I would geuss, being a fellow teenager, is that it really is only the bad ones who make the news. I would also venture to geuss that the good ones have some flaw, and since most other teenagers are bad, the flaws are emphasized, and the teenager's good parts aren't being brought to attention.
I think you are a very well spoken teen-ager and i completely agree with you to the fullest extent. I believe that teen-agers are getting the raw end of life and something needs to be done with this. Luckily, when you grow up, people won't think of you as a drug addict or a crime committer.

No comments:

Post a Comment