Thursday, January 21, 2010

AP Stat probIem: In a certain city 6% of teenagers are married, 25% of married teenagers have children,?

In a certain city 6% of teenagers are married, 25% of married teenagers have children, and 15% of unmarried teenagers have children. If a teeanger has a child, what is the probability that the teenager is not married?





Please explain how to solve this, I know the answer but I can't figure out how to get to that answer......this is one of the practice problem for my AP test, and my teacher has been absent for a long time so I couldn't ask him %26gt;.%26lt;AP Stat probIem: In a certain city 6% of teenagers are married, 25% of married teenagers have children,?
6% are married. 6% * .25 = 1.5% married teenagers with kids





94% are unmarried. 94% * .15 = 14.1 % unmarried have kids





14.1 / 15.6 = 90.38 %





I'm just guessing with the limited stats knowledge I have. Hope I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment