Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Christian teenagers- do you go to youth group to learn or hang out?

I know personally that when I get there I find myself wishing that the sermon would be over so I can talk.





But thats only sometimes- im 13. plz put ur age down when u answerChristian teenagers- do you go to youth group to learn or hang out?
I go for both. It's nice to talk and hang out with people and learn a little too. Christian teenagers- do you go to youth group to learn or hang out?
You can do both if you know how to balance your life. Realize there's a time to listen and a time to speak. But your young and it's very understandable that you can't connect with what your pastor is saying. You'll be able to stay focused with age and life experiences that connect with what the pastor is saying.
I wish to learn; however it seems as if I am the ONLY one that feels this way. I come from a small church, and my youth group usually has an average of 10 teens per meeting. Everyone talks at every opportunity, and it's as if no one at all is the least bit interested in their faith. It disgusts me. I sincerely hope that one day, these teens will become more involved and interested.
I'm not a teen, but when I accepted Jesus at 17 I felt the same way. Nothing seemed to be ';happening';, and it was all just ';going through the motions';. So, I backslid for many years and eventually came back home because the world couldn't offer what I was needing....love, acceptance, strength and understanding.


God knew what I was going through, and it was up to me to get out of the ';pig pen'; and come back to the one that truly loved me, and understand it wasn't all about me.


Now, I find myself playing ';catch up'; for all the years I threw away and wasted. You never know what you have until it's gone and/or you foolishly threw it away and want it back. However, he was still there saying ';I love you';, come back home.


(I'm 48)
Fact of the matter is, a young mind is difficult to train, especially in this day and age. But you are on the right track. God does not despise small beginnings. Be well.
that's is very true!


i also feel the same way


church sometimes becomes a social event, especially for youths.
isn't church soooo boring?








don't be alone with the pastor/minister/priest. watch your back.
I go For both im 15.


Its nice
i go for both of them.
  • lesbians lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment