Tuesday, January 19, 2010

For teenagers/ adults who've been in the situation?

Suicide. More specifically teen suicide...





Why did you want to kill yourself? What was the breaking point? Who was to blame?





And what are your views on teen suicide?For teenagers/ adults who've been in the situation?
I am 15, and in the past I have tried to commit suicide three times, just the once I ended up in hospital. People say it is a 'cry for help' 'attention seeking' I can honestly say, that most cases aren't, genuinely mine weren't. When I was in year 9, I had a friend, every day would be something new, that she would just want me there when she was going to kill her self, I got several of suicide notes from her, witnessed her bringing a knife into school, going down to the river to jump in, taking overdoses in school, drinking ethanol etc. I am glad to say now that she is good and is still alive, I personally think this was a cry for help.


Where as, when I have felt that low, it has been due to my father passing away, me being alone at home and feeling it at school and stress. All I have wanted was to be with my Dad, and the only way I could get that was to kill myself, or to believe that he is coming back- this is what I am doing now- I know it is awful, but I blame my mental status on my friend and my dad.





I do not agree with teen suicide, from looking at others doing it, because I think that they have their whole life ahead of them to achieve greatness, but when I look at it for me, I think that is all I am worth.For teenagers/ adults who've been in the situation?
I wanted to kill myself when I was 12, it's been on-off since then (I'm 15 now). 12 was the worst though. The breaking point was my mom flipping out at me about 2 days after my best friend completely betrayed me. I felt that nobody loved me. Honestly, I think my own stupidity was mainly to blame, but I guess the girl that was my best friend had a part in it too.





I don't think I could ever really do it now. I thought it through and realized my parents and grandparents love me, and it would be selfish to kill myself. But there are still those days where I'd love to die.





I feel it's a horrible thing. I think they should teach more about it in health class, actually. Instead of focussing 4 years on drugs, smoking, and alcohol.
(im 17) i think suicide in general is bad. for a teenager to commit suicide thats horrible. (i think) - life just gets harder when you grow up, so if they cant handle life now whats that saying??





(thats if ur suicideing from being depressed/life is hard...i dont know any other legit reason you would kill yourself)
Its usually because they think life isnt worth it. When alot happens to somebody, sometimes they cant take it. It depends on your outlook and strength.
Poor parenting almost always


Lack of empathy...


the list can go on and on with the flaws of our parents


But the choice is yours





Taking one's life is absolutely giving up and taking oneself out of the equation.
it is an aggressive act against your close ones.....but it is a cowardly cop out really....SEE A MENTAL HEALTH AUTHORITY if its on your mind....UND DO IT KNOW...CALL THE hotline...do it now,.

No comments:

Post a Comment