Sunday, January 17, 2010

What do you REALLY think about us teenagers?

Honestly. Putting political correctness aside, I want to know what you really think about every single person under 18 and over 13.What do you REALLY think about us teenagers?
I think the vast majority are quite fantastic and amazing people, who due to the minority receive an undeserved bad reputation.What do you REALLY think about us teenagers?
Well, anyone can be a good person or a bad person, so I'll just set that aside and generalize like you asked. I think teenagers today are totally clueless. I also think that the majority of them are much more brainwashed by the media than any other generation I can think of and I think the girls are also a major dissapointment with the way they just act like the minute they start smelling themselves a little bit it's straight to hotown. There are good teenagers out there, but even the most down to earch teenager is still totally unprepared for the world and probably thinks they are prepared. I don't have much faith in most of you teenagers. But you asked for my opinion and I'm not mean and I wouldn't disrespect anyone just for being a teen or a kid so you guys are still aiight with me.
I think you guys take a lot of things too seriously. You meet someone at 16, and feel some butterflies, and automatically that person is your true love. Girls at that age seem to think boys and dating are the only really important things in life, and guys at that age have a little bit more of a bigger mind set, but for the most part they just care about pride and image. None of you really take education or world issues seriously because its either ';too boring'; or its ';too many big words';. They're saying books and newspapers are going to be exitinct in a few 20 years or so, because while teeangers used to read, reading more than 3 pages of text that isn't a break up letter from this weeks boyfriend is too diffcult a task for you. All you care about is attention, myspace, drama, and looking good and being pretending to be modest about it. I know not every teen is like this, but I've learned that the majority is.





(Well, you asked.)





☆ Lexinator.
I don't know every single one of them so I couldn't say!





I do think that there has been a sharp increase in selfish and sadistic behaviour in some younger people. 20 or 30 years ago young people still got into trouble like fights or theft but it was usually 'for' something.





It seems that there has been a sharp increase int the amount of violence and disrespect of others for no reason at all. Some young people just seem to gain pleasure from hurting others.





We seem to have caused this by the police and courts treating scumbags like victims and punishing anyone who stands up for themselves.





I also think that a large number of young people have become very materialistc and obsessed with appearance.








That said, I think that the majority of young people are good and decent human beings who get a bad press because of the actions of a minority.
My wife is a Head of Dept at a school that was the very worst school in the known universe, when I was a school kid. As a result, I was rather apprehensive when she accepted the post. Since then, I have been to every school play, concert, prize giving, and sports-day. The young people of her school have opened my eyes to the inborn capacity for good, which I am sure every teenager has.





Clearly, there are some who are the exception to this rule, but I have seen at close quarters how my wife and her colleagues steadfastly refuse to give up on any of them, no matter what path they choose. She has had this job since 2002, and in all that time I have only ever been treated with kindness, and respect by all of her students whom have crossed my path away from the school, in fact I have not met an awful teenager, since I was one myself. All Teenagers have a right to be treated fairly by society, unless by their deeds they surrender that right.





All of my personal hopes for our world, our species, and our country are vested in the current generation of teenagers. Without today’s teenagers, the future may be very bleak indeed. Thee is very much to be admired about our teenage neighbours, and I truly hope that more will come to my way of thinking sooner rather than later. The vast majority of today's teens have much to be proud of.
we were all young once and i'm sure some of us were not perfect little angels.I have no problems with teenagers and i think they're not all tarnished with the same brush,if they show me manners and respect then i give them it back.If they're mouthy,ignorant little gits that have no respect for others or their property,then i tell them where to go.Im nearly 30 and i would'nt dream of doing some of the things that some of todays teenagers are doing,fair enough i went scrumping for apples and drank and smoked before i was legally aged,but i would certainly not vandalise someone's property for a laugh.
First, let me say I raised the sons who are now 25, 26, 27---so I know about teens.





You are cocky, and think you know everything. (you are SO wrong about that--wait %26amp; see)


You think you have it so hard (wrong again).


You think being an adult is all fun and games (it isn't).


You imagine your puppy love lasts forever (it won't) and that a break up is the worst thing in the world (it isn't)


You are shallow %26amp; superficial, assigning importance to all the things that won't mean SQUAT in the real world.


Most of you are spoiled, most of you are nearly insane from your hormonal imbalances (cutting....yeah, great idea...), and none of you will listen when an adult says ';you'll see....'; (but you WILL...life tends to kick you in the teeth)





How's that for honest?
Knowing one personally - I'd think they've had a hard time. They are under pressure from schools to perform from a very early age - some have parents who don't give a monkeys what their kids do - some have never been able to be a kid. No matter how people winge and moan about teens - they are mostly good, and some would be better if they had the support they needed!
i love you all until you look straight through me with that 'iknowitall' cynical zombie expression as I try to help you in my job. I love you girls until I see the hip slope and hear the sigh. I love you boys until i see you try to make a smart remark to me while looking at your pimply faced friend who's busy sucking on his signet ring and pretending not to know you. I love you until you throw litter on my street, scream running up and down past my house at your skinny ugly friends way past your bedtime, try to hang out on my corner drinking alco-pops, wear those ridiculous 80's clothes that no one even liked the first time, play crappy pop songs on your phones that sound like radio luxemburg quality with a beat, practically knock me down to get into the local shop just to chat up some other idiot child or hassle the shop clerks which is ssoo boring and holds up the queue for no good reason, break the glass in our bus shelters, hang out in packs and mutilate the English language. I love you all apart from those bits.
I love the teen period of human development, so every person who goes through it has my heart. Teens need slack as much as limits, and unending moral support %26amp; encouragement. God willing we all get through it to help the next guys with a leg up.


Rock on little dudes and dude-ettes.
I think you're at a very big learning stage in your life, and little things could make or break who you are...we as adults should be more aware of that and let you explore more but at the same time showing you tough love as well.





It's a wonderful time in life enjoy it, as I'm sure you're doing already.





:)
You can't generalise like that...some teenagers are a total waste of space and living in ASBO heaven, but then some older people are like that too. On the whole I think when you are given respect you give it back.
under 18? hey, tehcnically I'm still a teenager, though I'm 19... a few months left of being one anyways.





that said, no judgements.
are we talking about polite teenagers, or those who think that being rude to others is normal and you cannot tell them.





you do not get respect by being rude to others.
teenagers are cool...I was one once.....lol


(¯`v´¯)


.`· ♥.¸.·´


¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)


(¸.·♥´ (¸.·´♥
Each person should be judged individually, not classified by an age group....
You can't judge every teen. I do know some who are really lazy. I also know some who work hard to help their families out.
you can be lovable or just a pain in the neck! It depends! But I wish I could go back to my teenage years! Make the most of it!
a nineTEEN year old person is a teen too and they probably think ere troublemaking smartas*es and kinda true also us teens in general are mean
Some just need better parents, some are bored and have nothing to do but stand around and get drunk. More youth clubs and stuff like that should be available but they're not.
politics is wroong politics sterotype us as bad people i mean gangsters and criminals are worse than us and they get treated better than us in prison in politics views
I am a teen also. I think people are too judgy, we arent all bad. like there are some bad teenagers there are also a lot of bad adults!!
Everyone is different. There are as many idiots over the age of 18 as under!
Now i see they are highly intelligent, can able to decide thier future on their own. Many of them or honest and open
i dont know some are more matured than others
There are some good and bad teenagers.
generally not the brightest crayons in the box, no matter how much they think otherwise... but i'm one too, so i deal with the exact same bullsht you do
I agree with Rolsy.





Mind you, if this question was asked at my 71 year old Dad he'd say ';put the little ba$tards in the army %26amp; teach them DISPLINE!!';
I think ye have a whole lot of siht in front of ye!!!
most dont know about respect or decency





daughter is doing well teaching her kids...
theres billions of you and i only have limited time

No comments:

Post a Comment