Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why are teenagers so sure that they know and are right about everything?

They think they know everything about politics, relationships, finances, and life in general, even though they clearly have had so fewer days of life than their parents and other adults.Why are teenagers so sure that they know and are right about everything?
It's because they want a taste of ';the real world'; and want to believe they know everything.They're growing up, and they want their say in things.


And to tell you the truth, age and how many years you've lived on the earth shouldn't be important. Everybody is an equal. Adults learn, they forget. Teenagers learn too, but they forget. Some know more than others. Some know less than others. The things one person might know might be more advanced than another's thoughts. What a person knows shouldn't make them any smarter than anybody else.


For example, somebody might know a TON about sports.


Somebody may not. That somebody may know a lot about music, which the sports genius doesn't.





Teenagers just want to know they're becoming an adult.Why are teenagers so sure that they know and are right about everything?
i'm pretty sure we don't, i have definately met some of those kids, but not all of us are. Probably because our parents don't bother to argue with us about some stupid stuff, so we don't get proved wrong, if you are in an argument w/ someone like that, and you arae right, make sure you PROVE them wrong, it might piss them off, although it shouldn't, but at least then they will get it.
When i hit my mid twenties i finally realized my parents were a lot smarted than i ever gave them credit for, and i clued in to the fact that they DID know the things i was up to as a teen. That said, do you not remember being a teen? I know i went through that phase of thinking i was worldly, and brilliant, and stuck living with parents who didn't know jack squat. You didn't give your parents grief, and rolling eyes over their ';stupid '; comments. Just think back, you'll remember. Worry not , they'll mostly all grow out of it too at some point.
every year i grow older, i realize there is so much more i do not know


and i am way past being a teenager
It makes no sense at all no experience to back up anything yet they would argue until they could no longer speak .
I was not like that as a teenager. I did think my parents ideas were antiquated, but I never was a know it all. I think though, that teenagers are like that because the more you know, the less you know - meaning the more you know about ANYTHING, the more it seems like there is so much more TO know than you ever though possible, so you feel like you know nothing. Teenagers don't know much, so it all seems so simple and easy to them. Because if they really knew shi*, they'd realize how little they actually know. Does this make sense?
That's just they way it is.. you live and you learn when your young like that you don't have the history behind you.... so you don't even know that you don't know...
We are much better informed than our parents. We don't just do something because our parents did it. We want to know why.


We study the issues and make intelligent decisions.


If you believe that adults are so smart why do we have such political unrest? Why do we have global warmings? Why are many animals going extinct? Why do I have to teach my folks how to work the cell phone, blackberry, and computer and hook up the DVD player? I want an ipod and they said, ';what's that?';


Parents just don't look that together.
Yes, but they haven't had enough days of life to realize that. And teens are incredibly social animals, who tend to run in packs and respond to peer pressure and adhere to peer standards. Teens believe themselves to be invincible. They will sit and listen to warnings about smoking, and light up. They will listen to lecures on alcohol, then drink and drive. They simply don't believe the rules apply to them. One theory is that it has to do with raging hormones, and until they get used to being adult and learn how to handle all that goes with it, they will continue to judge the world by their short span of experience.


But in fairness, this doesn't apply to all teens. Some are very responsible, very mature and very adult. But not all....
I agree, I now have a 15 and a 14 year old. And they act the same way that I did when I was 14 or 15. My mother placed ';The Mother's Curse'; onto me: ';I hope that you have kids just like yourself';. It worked.





It is an important phase in growing up. Teenagers have a false confidence and bravado while facing adolescence. They want to grow up and one way to prove to the world they are growing up is to prove how much they know. Unfortunately their lack of practical lifetime experiences makes many of their pronouncements incorrect.





Socrates said that he could not understand the youth of his day as they were rude, obnoxious, and thought they knew everything. That was over 2,000 years ago---it ain't gonna change soon.
I think it kind of goes both ways. I'm 35, but when I was 16, 17,18 my parents used to give me reasons like ';because I said so'; or ';that just how it is'; and similar, which was not acceptible to me in any way whatsoever!





I have (and still do) always heeded sound advice from older people, which is a major reason for my success thus far in life. If there was a good explantaion for something, I usually listened.





My parents however, to this day do not listen to any advice from me - because they think that wisdom ONLY comes with age, which is utter BS. As another poster said, things like computers and other modern creations are leaving my parents waaayyy behind the world. It's important that both generations listen to each other a bit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenager


because they haven't had the experiences yet to prove that they don't.
because were right and you no it too so go suck an egg
Because we know everything. Get over it.





I know I'm lame.
because we are always right, and we know every thing, so there!
  • lesbians lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment