Wednesday, January 13, 2010

If teenagers are as smart as they think they are, why are so many of them asking if they might be pregnant?

Come on, girls! You know what to do to avoid pregnancy. I'd really like to believe that teens now are more informed than teens in the 50's and 60's, but your questions make me wonder.


I'm asking the question seriously---not passing judgement. I'm just wondering why you aren't all using some sort of protection?If teenagers are as smart as they think they are, why are so many of them asking if they might be pregnant?
condoms break, birth control doesn't always work I am living proof of that my mom has 4 kids and uses a condom and birth control everytime so get over urself. And yahoo answers doesn't have all teens just the ones that need help.If teenagers are as smart as they think they are, why are so many of them asking if they might be pregnant?
well my mom allways tells me that when i'm older and want to have sex with my partner then me and my partner should go to a doctor and get a blood test to make sure that me and my partner does not have aids or any bad sickniss that can spread during having sex
Well its becuz they dont know evrything and they need help.Gsh so they are asking a question thats what this is for.
well, i am not a teenager, but, i agree with you in a way, i don't understand why some teenagers take that chance of getting pregnant at an early age when they should be focusing on their future and getting careers so they won't be stuck in dead end jobs. i know some can get careers and still be good parents, but why chance it when they can wait until they are ready for a baby. that i don't understand.
They are asking so many questions because of the adults that think they're so smart that wrote the informative sex ed courses.
well for one, getting pregnant at a teen is scary.. there are other ways to not have your period, it can be caused by many things.. so people ask, and people want to be reasured about things.. WITHOUT some jerk passing a comment to make them feel bad, YES the messed up, and its their respondsibility.. people need to ask questions.. and some girls dont know the signs to being pregnant right away.. so why not ask??








Im 16 years old and im a mother of a 6 month old baby.. i ask questions, i try to get info to be a better mom and i did even when i was pregnant to make sure i knew i was taking good care of myself and my unborn baby.. its not that big of a problem, questions should be asked.. thats the way it is..








and people go through sex ed and all that good stuff.. condoms and birthcontrol are out there and all, but its the OWN PERSONS CHOICE.. no one or nothing can make a person say okay well im not going to do this cause sex ed. told me not too.. its their choice, and if they get pregnant its their responsibility, and their going to have to learn to do things and how to deal with them, and the only way to do that is to ask questions right from the beginning and from the start. and maybe if a teenager has a scare they will learn to think 2nd.
apparently it feels better than using a condom...
I understand what your saying and many teens did use protection it just didn't work not everything perfect. condoms break, you might birth control, or might not work. I know what you say just don't have sex! many teens just feel that they have found that right person who can take care of them and they want to please that person. Just saying do not have sex isn't really going to cut it. There just certain feelings that you feel and you want to express it. Many girls who come yahoo for our help really need help. They either didn't plan to get pregnant,they have a bad family, their afraid to tell their parents.Beside every one at fault including the parents, media, and the teens. It not good to just put the blame on the teens.
Well, I would guess that teens who live in towns where everyone is familiar with everyone would be too scared to go to the drugstore and get contraception, and any teen girl who wants to keep her sex life secret will not go to the gnyocologist and get birth control.





Just a thought.





//\\//\\//\\//\\//
I am not sexually active FYI!





But it's awful embarassing to go into a store and buy condoms especially if it's a small town and ppl tell your parents. Also some parents would kill their kids if they found a condom or BC so the kids just don't get them.
i think most of them not all but most say that just because theyre bored out of their mind and have nothing better to do
because being a teenager and being pregnant is what they think is cool, just like all the ';prom babies';, girls getting pregnant on prom night. It's the thing to do but they dont realize how much work it is, how expensive it is, and how their lives are over after that baby arrives. Most dont even know how to take care of themselves when pregnant. Its really sad, it is. It helps keep America(and other countries as well) poor. Those kids will barely make it as a mother and father family or even as a single parent family and their children will be raised in the wrong city and hang out with the wrong crowds. Its just sad. Its a never ending cycle.
obvisouly were careless wewe dont think about it or we have the attitude it'll never happen to me...and i had that attitude thats why i am were i am....
thank you. you just helped me prove my point i just made to another person. they know the consequences but yet they just sit there and think ';oops oh well if I get pregnant there is the morning after pill, or abortion who cares if i get pregnant'; but yes then there are the ones who do use pretection and still get pregnant. My question to them is why are you having sex before you are married. do you really want to have to deal with that same person for the next 18 years just because you were young and dumb? think about the future before you think about now. you may actually have a good life.
easy those ones aren't smart
Because they are to young to have sex to begin with.and sexual maturity comes with age.
Teenagers have this ';it won't happen to me'; attitude. It's more like a disease though... a fatal one.





We all want to believe we are superman/woman and that it just won't happen to me. There are those smart ones who know better (like me) and there are those others (not less smart, just more ignorant) who succumb to the fantastically wonderful ideal that it won't happen.





Unfortunately, my best friend wasn't so smart. She dropped out of high school at the beginning of her junior year, and took a test to get her GED. [I must admit, taking the test was her best option. She would have had to remain in high school 3 extra years in order to graduate, and that's just not good.] Anywho, she moved in with her boyfriend, and all was well... however, she stopped taking her birth control. I asked her ';what if you get pregnant?';. Her response: ';I won't.'; ';Is he using a condom?'; ';No.'; ';Then, you can.'; ';Don't worry, I won't.'; She is currently 28 weeks pregnant. It happened.





So, it's not really intelligence, it's actually part of being a teenager. It's the daredevil, unrealistic outlook that teenagers have, mostly due to their place in life. It's a phase. Unfortunately, it is bad parenting that allows teenagers to succumb to the idea of ';it won't happen to me';.





According to teenagers, they can't get drunk, can't get in a car wreck (even when driving under the influence, well over the speed limit), and they can't get an STD or get pregnant.





If only parents were better parents and were able to focus that superman attitude into something like sports or academics and change the ';it won't happen to me'; line to ';I will be the best, and I will be great.';
Teens are in that stage of life where they think they are invincible. That is why they drive fast, do drugs, have sex and drink with no abandon. I geuss when the reality hits them, they panic!
well my mom allways tells me that when i'm older and want to have sex with my partner then me and my partner should go to a doctor and get a blood test to make sure that me and my partner does not have aids
I refuse to have sex without using a condom, Spermicidal at that. Even then i dont feel safe, nor does my girlfriend thus why she is also looking to get birth control in addition to the use of condoms.





Honestly the safest and best protection is to not have sex at all. Plain and simple. But if youre going to do it atleast be smart about it and ALWAYS use a condom on top of everything else youd use for protection.
Studies show that teen pregnancy is down and protection is up.


I'm not sure about some teens either and wonder how on earth they could get pregnant with protection floating around like candy.


I admit I am not a fan of condoms.. but I am on the patch, set up with the school, and the gov't pays for it.


I think they may be asking because something like pregnancy is surreal and very hard to deal with so they think well could this be real?
it is the parents responsibility to educate their children about the ins and outs of having sex and having it protected and the consequences of having unprotected sex. Most young girls today along with young guys do not believe they can pass STD's to one another i've heard girls and guys say well because i'm young i can't get anything when in fact they can. But like i said if the teenagers are having unprotected sex and wondering if they are pregnant then the problem is at home.
i do not know the answer to that one but would love to know.
Because it doesnt feel as good! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the real kicker is there teenagers! Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment