Friday, January 15, 2010

Film club for teenagers- any ideas? Films tackling issues..?

I'm a youth worker, planning to set up a film club for teenagers, prob 15+ to allow me to show them more films.


I'm just wondering if anyone has done anything similar or has any ideas? I'm wanting to find films which tackle issues like drugs, abuse, health, raising aspirations etc etc- any of the issues you might expect youth workers to have to inform young people about. Eg. Dark Days- a focus on homelessness. It would make a far more interesting way of encouraging young people to think about certain issues than the usual.


I'm planning to have time for a short discussion after each film to discuss issues the film's raised. So I'm interested in any film criticism sites or info- I'm a big film fan but I've never read any books on film criticism etc. I'm hoping for some info discussing the films in question so it gives me a starting point for the discussions. So any suggestions for films, articles, etc would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!Film club for teenagers- any ideas? Films tackling issues..?
Defiantly ';Kids'; by Harmony Karin ( SIK? ). It is full of sex and bad language, but it is a great teen movie. The Breakfast Club is a classic as well. Basket Ball Diaries was also well done.Film club for teenagers- any ideas? Films tackling issues..?
i ttyl agree with gabriella z. Btw gabriella z i love your name on yahoo answers

Report Abuse



Try ';Thirteen';, about drugs, and bad companies, also ';Augusta, Gone'; it's similar. Both show what bad companies can do to teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment