Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do you still clean your teenagers room?

I know I am a horrible parent, at least that is what some will say, but I do....I clean it! There I confess....Do you still clean your teenagers room?
I dont think you should. You never know what you will find.


Your not a horrible parent for cleaning their room,


just let them do it themselves


dxDo you still clean your teenagers room?
It's not a matter of you being a horrible parent, it's what you want your teen to be like. Do you want him/her to be self-supporting, orderly, organized, and efficient? Then something as elementary as keeping their room neat is a must. It really is amazing how much of our lives is the result of the way we were raised. Honestly, it's not a live or die thing, but I assure you that it will be good character that his or her future employer appreciates one day and their spouse will admire and respect. We all know what a cool thing it is when our partner helps out with the house.
lol I wouldn't say horrible!!My children are still young but I don't plan to when they get older,they need to learn to clean up after themselves,we are currently staying with my In laws and my hubby's younger brother is 15 and my MIL cleans up after him,I swear if he asked her to wipe his butt she would.He makes all kinds of messes and leaves them there it is horrid.I get very annoyed when he doesn't clean up after himself.My son is only 3 yrs and he cleans up after himself.
Your not doing a good thing for your teen.


You are enabling them and I would hate to see it when there married and if the spouse have to pick up after them.


I am not sure if you like to read or not but here is a good book for you!


Boundaries with kids or it's Boundaries for kids.


This is a great book and I recommend you read it from cover to cover.


It has helped me be a better parent.


Mother of 3 and a step mom to 1.
You are not a horrible parent. Also if you do clean your kids room they know you have a better chance of finding secret things. Being notes, magazines they should not have, ext. This way you can always keep them on their toes.





Also depends on why you are cleaning. Do they have school then go to work? Do they help around the house more in turn for you cleaning their room?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?





your still cleaning your teenagers room! When she goes off to live her life..wiihtout you shes not gonna know what to do and shes going ot be very very dirtty! my mom makes me do chores around the house..tis not that much..but its enough that ill know how to live my life in college and older life...sooo stop cleaning his/her room and let your child take responsibility!





dont worryy she will do it..i dont think shed want any boys or firends seeing her room like that!...dont worry mine gets a mess then i spend aday cleaning it..cuz id get mebarressed








and if its a guy .. boys dont care what there room looks like..so if he doesnt clean his room dont give him allowence or dont let ihm go out..untill its cleaned
You clean your teenager's room???!?? My parents haven't cleaned my room since I was old enough to do it myself.





Oh and not to mention that I have a messy Rome mate/sister who refuses to clean so I have to do it all.





You're not a bad parent. But maybe you should think of letting your teen clean his/her own room.
My mom does clean my room. I hate when she does though. I personally rather it messy. I absoIutely NEVER clean it.I feel like I can find things easier when it is messy. It's weird I know but I dont like it clean. I just wouldnt clean it your teenagers room. They might like it messy.
I don't have a teenager. My oldest son is only 4 years old but no, I do not clean his room aside from vacuuming it. I make him do it. I don't think you're a horrible parent, but you really should make your teenager clean their own room.
NO!!! The only time that I will even go into my teenage daughter's room is to throw everything out of it. She must clean it....and if it's not up to my liking....everything gets thrown into the hallway and she has to clean it from there.
Well my parents don't. Sometimes my dad offers to do it sometimes but I won't let him because A. it makes me feel bad that he is doing my chores and B. he likes to get rid of stuff he thinks that we won't need and once he threw away my homework.
No they need to do it themselves they need to have that responsibity so they will grow up knowing no one is going to do this for them they have to do it for themselves
My parents dont clean my room, but i dont hardly ever so its usually a mess, until my mom grounds me for ignoring her when she tells me too. :)
Me too! i just have to clean my room. :)


After a while it gets so ... unorganized and i actually WANT to clean it!
my mum and cleaner does.


i prefer washing the dishes or cleaning the garden than cleaning my room...


i'm trying to stop this bad habit...
Naa my mom doesnt clean my room anymore.


She gave up on ever having my room clean.





So she doesnt ask me to clean anymore (:
i gave up cleaning there rooms about two years ago although sometimes i still do


u are NOT a horrible parent...
No, I dont.





I think there is a point when they need to act responsible. my children have been expected to keep their rooms clean since they were 8
im 17. i flip every time my mom goes into my room. i wouldnt want her touching all my stuff, going through it and moving it around
You're not a horrible parent. But your teen needs to learn to be responsible for his/her room. It's an important thing to teach. If your teen is used to having a clean room then he/she will probably keep it clean on their own just because they wont want it dirty. Just kindly pass the responsibility on to your teen and see how it goes. Be ready to enforce new rules that come with the independent cleaning. Good Luck!
Nope, my parents don't clean my room. It bothers me when my room is dirty so I clean it myself.
i clean my own room


my mom dont care


it annoys me wen its messy tho
my mom does if she can't stand it anymore, since I never clean it.
My maid cleans my room :)
  • makeup tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment