Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why are today's teenagers so careless and lackadaisical?

http://socyberty.com/languages/todays-tr鈥?/a>





The article says all. This specifically applies to American teenagers.And this is having a LOT of unwanted effect on the media, which is irritating.





What is the reason for this?Why are today's teenagers so careless and lackadaisical?
I blame parents and the school system. Math, not many children in school can do math without a calculator. It sounds like a small thing but they don't know math, just pushing buttons to get an answer. Tech-messaging another thing, in school they don't make it part of english (spelling and sentence construction).


Parents want their children to have it better then they but they are only making them weaker and not taking responsibility for own behavior. Point of fact, I work in retail and had a mother and son, the boy threw a glass bottle down on the floor and broke it. When I told the woman,'You have to pay for it because he broke the bottle. ' She say that her son did not break it, that it was already broke when they got there. She was standing there, watching as he threw it. What does that teach a child? In the future when he hurts someone, what will he do?Why are today's teenagers so careless and lackadaisical?
That is a good article and it brings up some good points. The problem is, you can't single out young people. Society as a whole is more careless and lackadaisical, don't just put it on young people, they are just products of the environment. They didn't create the text-messaging boom, it is the mobile phone companies flooding the market with fun, ';gadget'; phones.
Its the sins of the parents. We are inundated with many messages from the media saying that we have to be nice to our children, that we have to treat them as equals, as friends. Children need a sense of authority and a friend does not have this. If we do not give our children a sense of respect for their elders when they are young (before teenagers) then they are going to pass that lack of respect to the next generation. I believe that it started in the parents that were teens during the 60's who did not want to punish or train their kids like their parents did.
Because they can be because their parents allow them to be. I don't understand why parents need to be friends with their children. Children have friends that are their peers, not their parents. Parents have life experience on their side.





My step kids' behavior could be described this way. I don't think it's healthy and I do not think it will serve them well. I hope that I'm wrong. They are spoiled, ungrateful, and difficult. As they have gotten older, it has gotten worse. I would be lying if I said anything different. They are a product of their living environment. Their mom is not in the real world.


She somehow has this idea that life is supposed to be easy and fantastic all of the time. When I see her, I almost feel my IQ dropping. She's not smart. She is your stereotypical dumb blonde. Until her, I had never met one. She's a manipulator too. That rubs me the wrong way. I so want to call her on it but I haven't. The conversations I have with her are always light and superficial. Nothing is real. It's like we are meeting for the first time. It's bizarre. I've known her for 4 years.
Stereotypes are the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment