Thursday, May 13, 2010

Who would you deal with teenagers who think they know it all I';m talking 15,16,17yr.olds?

there the first to tell you how the game of life works, but if they need something there the first to ask, their my girlfriends kids they stress her and myself out and most certianly put a strian on our relationship I am not going to play there little games, nor am I going to give them a silent treatment either. what do you do when you are living with them?Who would you deal with teenagers who think they know it all I';m talking 15,16,17yr.olds?
im 17, but really i think it depends on the kid. Theyre going to annoy you alot, especially since you're not theyre father. If you sit down and talk to them, theyre not really going to pay attention, all they'll say is, You're not my father, who are you to tell me what to do?





Let them do whatever they want, they'll learn from their mistakes and eventually thank you for TRYING to help them. Kids my age are stubborn and hard headed and we think we know it all, but lets face it, were all scared to death about the future and eventually we ALWAYS need your help. They'll come to you.Who would you deal with teenagers who think they know it all I';m talking 15,16,17yr.olds?
Well they are your partners children so when you got with your partner you should have realised that you would also have to take on living with her children...You cant and shouldnt try and push her children out, at this age they are all the same as they arent very mature but they grow up and change. All they want you to do is react so just play things cool ignore them and be there for them if they need advise you should be glad if they ask your advise that means they have some kind of trust in you...


This is part of being a parent anf bringing up children, dealing with their attitudes dont lower yourself to a teenage level and react just rise above and let them get on with everything they need to they will soon grow out of the teenage behaviour...
If it's backtalk, then SHE, being their parent, needs to smack their mouths, and open up a giant can of whoopup on them when needed. They aren't too old for that if they are going to act like that. If they are going to act like a child, then they will be treated as such, and children need spankings from time to time.





If she isn't willing to do that, that means she's willing to let them destroy your relationship, and you would do better to move out and move on to someone who WILL make their kids respect you.
well im 15 and I will tell you this. If I want advice I will ask for it and follow it. But if i don't want it, there is nothing my parents can do that will make me follow their advice. I might listen to it or i might tune them out....but I wont follow it.





now you see. That is true and it isn't. You see, that is what us teenagers send across. and we do that purposely. Because part of us WANTS to know everything. But there is a tiny part of us that knows we didn't.





so while we may ';ignore'; your advice we really are listening and will most likely follow it when you aren't looking. After all, we cant admit we were wrong.








all i can say is, keep being there for them. give them advice and always treat them with the respect any human deserves. You may be older but they are still human. Teens want to be adults. We want to be treated with the same respect adults want to be treated with.





Show them respect, don't bow down and kiss their feet, but show respect. Give them advice and treat them nice. ALL THE TIME whether they want it or not just give it to them.








they will thank you in the long run.











good luck






I'm a fifteen year old 'know it all.' My mum's best friend has a son who is the same, so as soon as I say something, she goes 'You dont know it all though.. _____ does' Which soon shuts me up. But seriously, it's a phase.. if I think about it it is kind of seeking approval, when a teen's self esteem is low, So instead of sarcasm and beating them down, try to be more positive towards your child, and just laugh off the cocky bits :D


Hope I helped XD
I agree with Tina. You get get you give Do you treat them like you know everything? Do you give them respect? If not don't expect any back. Unquestioning obedience is not a great charateristic compared to independent thought.
Do you have respectful conversations with them? I often see people say that teens have no respect, but thats often because they aren't given it in the first place. If you give a little, you might get a little.
Make you a list of rules and put them on the wall so they can read them. If they don't follow them, they loose. Make sure one of the rules is, If you live under my roof, you will respect me at all times.
Well, what's the difference between a 17 year old, and an 18 year old?
well, whats the difference between a 17 year old and an 18year old

No comments:

Post a Comment