Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Religiously speaking, why are teenagers so stupid?

The day I turned 20 I was depressed, feeling old and sad about not being a teenager anymore. But it has only taken me 6 months to heal my pain after having to deal with then almost daily (sadly)Religiously speaking, why are teenagers so stupid?
Wait til you turn 25 and re-read this question.


Then


Wait till you're 30 and read it again.


Then


Wait till you're 40 and read it again...


Then wait till you're 80 and read it again...





I wonder if it ever stops?


';Gee, when I was 83 I was SO dumb!';Religiously speaking, why are teenagers so stupid?
Teenagers aren't necessarily stupid rather they are ignorant fools. Stupidity is incurable, ignorance can be cured by education and experience and foolishness can give way to wisdom through experience, maturity, and long thought.





Their biggest problem in terms of being fools is in simply not realizing how simple their minds and world views are. That is, the do not yet know that they know nothing.





I remember being a teenager, I was a brilliant ignorant fool who used my intelligence to further my foolishness. Now I am over educated and hopefully progressing down the path to wisdom but it is a journey of a lifetime not just an ';i'm there'; sort of thing.
teenagers aren't stupid. it's just a time in life where we are forced to make decisions when we are least qualified to make them.








isn't this generalizing anyway? and also, adults say that it's childish to become a teenager and say ';Wow! I'm glad I'm smarter than when I was a kid!'; but then you turn around and say ';Wow! I'm glad I'm smarter than when I was a teenager!';





and if you say ';I never said that, he's generalizing.'; then i say ';Welcome to my world.';
My daughter started feeling that when she was about 18. Adolescence is a time when people are dealing with new physical, mental and emotional capabilities, and they can't accept any clues about how to integrate them because they are in the process of individuating themselves, learning to tell apart what is ';adult'; and what is childish. So they can't confide in their parents, because that would be ';childish';, and the adult models they recognize are often out of reach.





So they rely on their peers and the media for clues about priorities, behaviors and beliefs. It's a poor choice. Peers don't know any more than you do, and the media are only interested in selling you something. When you desperately need to assert your independence but you are still dependent on parents for food, clothing, shelter, and social bearings and boundaries, it is a pitiful thing. You are bound to act foolishly.





By the way, have you ever thought about updating your alias?
No teenager in child--%26gt;man: 1Cor 13:11,


but childish-ness in a child part of twain.





Of Child/Man:


Pst: God said: let us make ';man'; (not child).


Pst: The ';man'; is better blessed: Rom 4:7-vs-8.


Pst: Born again is what happens to a ';man';.





Ephesians 4: admonition to childish sheeple:


Be no more children (childish, devilish, ignorant)


For children get tossed to%26lt;--%26gt;fro by winds(spirits).
Sadly, teenagers are kids who've grown a little. They feel that because they are as tall as an adult, they know something. They go through all the typical phases, bitchy, mean, nasty, know-it-all, fighting, it's all the same. Everyone grows out of it, hopefully, lol.
First of all we aren't all stupid. It's a generalized stereotype. Second, we just want to have fun. Third, we lack maturity and experience like some others before me have said. Lastly, we aren't entirely sure what we need to be doing and what we want to do with our life.
I'm 16 years old and always wanted to be older when I was a little girl but now I use to think I better go in reverse lol When you're a teenager you want to be a child 'cause of all the responsibilities we have lol. Please don't say we're stupid 'cause you were teenager once.
I totally disagree. My son, now 26, was a great teenager as was my nephews and nieces. The teens in my church are kind and respectful, a great bunch of teens.
Regardless of age....some people are just plain idiots. There is no explanation, known to man, as to why. There is a big difference between uneducated and stupid. Stupid people annoy me too. *sigh*
They don't know they're stupid, that's the bad part. They should record everything in their teen years while they still know everything.
Experience is a great teacher, and teenagers lack a great deal of experience.
They're not stupid, just inexperienced (most of them). Plus their brains haven't finished growing.
Not all teenagers are stupid. I've met a great many responsible, intelligent teens in my years.
Spiritually speaking: Because they don't know Christ





Other reasons: Hormones
Hey. We're not ALL completely stupid. Some of us are actually quite intelligent.





I wouldn't be too sad though.
You obviously haven't talked with many of them.
I got over that hump when I blew the candles out on my birthday...Trust me, now that you are more of an adult, there will be more serious things to fret over............
hormones. nuff said.
...


You were depressed


Because you were old


Because you were 20.





I think your answer is right there.
Hey, hey, hey! So far I have only encountered one adult who is more intelligent than I.
Hormones.
The brain is developing so some connections aren't made.
The greatness to be young without a care in the world. They are not idiots, just loving the living
Teenagers are stupid because they think 20 is old
Hey not all of us are stupid im 14 and im pretty smart and mature for my age .





why the thumbs down?
I am an Old Timer like you---%26gt; 21





Yes, things we used to do when were young.
if you think they are stupid now wait 10 years.
wait until you're 38. It gets morbidly depressing by then
Because kids are starting to wise up on how ridiculous religion is.
they are not mature yet





and they think they rule over the world





like christian

No comments:

Post a Comment