Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's the best way to deal with troubled ..... defiant teenagers ?

I have a teenage son that definitely pushes everyone ---- especially his mother ---- to the limit. I'd like to hear from perhaps people who were defiant teenagers . What made you turn the corner ???? Also from parents that are going through the same thing . What works ? What doesn't work ??????What's the best way to deal with troubled ..... defiant teenagers ?
I was once a defiant teen and am now helping my mother deal with my young, defiant, pregnant-16 year old sister. Not sure how bad your situation is but we have resorted to sending her to boot camp, this of course was reached through mutual compromise. The discipline you use on your child has to be decisive and at the same time filled with the promise for positive results. Love and affection is also crucial, it may hurt when they push themselves off you or do and say things that make you feel microscopic, yet it will be they who find themselves alone in a corner one day wondering what life will be like without you; then is when they'll start to regret the way the behave towards the ones that love them the most. Do not say or even show any signs of giving up on them, never let them have it their ';wrong'; way, and do NOT go for more than a whole day without communicating with him/her. Wish you the best of luck....................What's the best way to deal with troubled ..... defiant teenagers ?
Guide him always with Love %26amp; affection.
stop spoiling the kid
I was defiant. My father sat me down and explained that he wan't going to tolerate certain behaviors anymore, and I needed to grow up and be more responsible. I was not able to apply for my driver's license until I was 17 because of my behavior, and it really made me turn myself around. My parents didn't react with anger. They just wanted to help me understand that I was being a huge idiot. They didn't humiliate me or insult me ever. I ended up loving and respecting them more through the whole thing.
Your teenager is probably going through a rough time and doesn't want to involve anybody. Just leave him alone basically and show him that no matter what he does your always going to be there for him. Like if he gets himself into a lot of trouble, just sit down and talk calmly to him, figure out why he did it. Don't scream at him and chastise him, most teenagers already know that they did wrong and are yelling at themselves for doing it in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment