Thursday, May 13, 2010

Young Teenagers wanting to have babies?

Why do some young teenage girls have this desperate desire to get pregnant? Could it be hormones? A need to feel loved? What is the drive that makes them feel the need for a baby.





Now I'm not talking about teenage wife's or young women who have there lives together. I wondering about 13,14, and 15 year old girls.Young Teenagers wanting to have babies?
Funnily enough, seconds ago I was watching a documentary on two teenagers (I think about 15-16) who want a baby. I got sick of listening to them so came on here instead! One of them was pregnant at 13 and had an abortion, so it was really her regretting her decision making her want to get pregnant now, the other girl just felt like a failure and felt that having a baby would make her life more worthwhile.





I suppose another thing to consider is hormones. Broodiness is completely normal, and we all get it... I get horribly broody and I have a 10 month old in bed upstairs! Biologically, the healthiest and safest time for reproducing is the late teens (18-20ish)... after 22, risk factors slowly increase, peaking around age 40. I personally think women are designed to have babies a little earlier than society generally allows for these days... but then, young teens are not quite there either! I





My conclusion: Something important lacking in their life, peer pressure and hormones.Young Teenagers wanting to have babies?
I don't think it's hormones at all, I think it's a social issue. They see single celebrities having babies, and there's no longer any stigma attached to being a single mom (not that there should be). Most of all though I think they're starved for affection and don't realize that a baby isn't capable of giving what they're looking for. A baby needs you but it isn't going to fill the void that their absent daddies or distracted mommies aren't giving them. A baby was the last thing I wanted at that age, along with the action necessary to conceive that baby, but maybe I was just more sheltered.
Most of them, I think, have ';daddy issues';. either their dad wasn't around or they didn't feel loved so they have this desire to feel loved by a baby and to ';trap'; a guy into being with them long term. Often it backfires, and unfortunately all of us have to pay for these mistakes with our tax dollars.





Personally, I couldn't remember to feed the family dog at that age, I certainly didn't want a baby.
i'm 14.


almost 15.





we have a lot of pregnant girls at our school.


i live in a small town so its kinda crazy.


but like, some girls i hear saying they want babies are like aww. thats so cute. i want a baby so i can take care of it and dress it and decorate a room and this is what i would name it... and all this stuff.





and im like wow, your pretty stupid. because there is no way someone my age and especially the girls i hear talk about it can love a baby, and take care of it the way it needs to be taken care of.





i love to babysit. the little girl i watch is 2.


i bathe her, dress her, play with her, feed, watch, change diapers, and i take care of her as if she were my baby...


i dont want to have a baby.


but the girls that i know that do, are either getting no attention what so ever from home or they are really dumb because no one is ever ';ready'; to have a baby. its just something you have to be willing to do.


and being pregnant in highschool is no way to start your life off...





so i kind of dont really know.


its a hard question, it just depends on the girl.





--hormones have NOTHING to do with it! :)
I think that if there friends have one they want one to or it will make them feel loved or cool
I am not sure. Its a new thing. My stepdaughter is 17 and was asking me for one of those ';reborn babies'; her and her friends are obsessed with playing house. She is getting older, but she surely isn't ready for real life OR a baby. Her 15 yr. old friend just gave birth, so it scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment