Thursday, May 13, 2010

Should teenagers be allowed to have more freedom?

free to do what? What can't they do already?Should teenagers be allowed to have more freedom?
This question is so vague. They are allowed to do a lot of things already by law but some parents do not allow them to do the things the law would allow. Are you talking about more freedom at home? Like being allowed to date, drive, go to parties or go out somewhere alone, or do you mean stuff like drink or buy cigarettes? Sure they need their freedom, but there is a reason the law does not allow a 15 year old to buy alcohol. They don't need that much freedom. It's dangerous and they don't know how to handle themselves with it.Should teenagers be allowed to have more freedom?
It depends on trust level. I have two teens (16 boy and 17 girl), and even though my 17-year old daughter is mature and responsible, I still seem to give more freedom to my son. I know this is very bias but I just feel he is less likely to get raped, attacked, etc because he is a male. You test your teens, talk to them and make sure they are aware it is them who determines how much freedom they are allowed based on their actions. I believe as a parent I have raised my children to make good choices, have morals and integrity and after that, you need to believe in them. It is kind of funny but I am extremely easy-going, the type of mom all my kids friends want to have as their parent. I think my kids turned out the way they did and are allowed the freedom they have because I let them know I trust them, I believe in them and they are more afraid of disappointing me than being punished. I wish you luck!
There are many factors to consider before answering such a vague question. I do think that teenagers should have their freedom. But I must know the relationship between the parents and that child first.





Ex: Do the parents trust this child?


Is this child always getting grounded?


Is this child respectful?


Is this child responsible?


Does this child respect authority?


How are his/her grades?


Have the parents met the friends %26amp; know them by names?


If you answered yes to the five questions then Yes I get teens should have more freedom?


If you said yes to all, then no, they are not ready.
Depends on the freedom.





Yes, they should be allowed to spend time with their friends. Yes, they should begin making their own decisions. Yes, they should be allowed to express their opinion.





No, they should not be going out and partying every weekend until 4 am. No, they should not be given money by their parents to blow.
depends on what types of freedom (like is it just walking to school or is it crossing a main road) and what kind of teen he/she is. if he/she is very irresopnsible then no they shouldnt hae more freedom but if theyare veryresponsible and you know that if thay are in a sticky situation that thay will call.
Depends, im 16 years right now. It depends on the type of person they are. Not all teens are bratty or wreckers. i feel annoyed by the fact that everyone thinks that way. if your teen is responsible and doing all he/she needs to do then give them what ever freedom you feel
It depends upon each teenager. Some teenagers yes and other teenagers, not in this lifetime.
No because do you see what they do with the ammount of freedom they have now?
No, we already exploit everything we can, why give us more to do so with?
No.
No. They have too much freedom I feel!
  • maybelline
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment