Thursday, May 13, 2010

How many hours do ';normal'; teenagers read a day?

like for class and for fun and on the internet?


is there a average?How many hours do ';normal'; teenagers read a day?
Ok, I was a teenager in the 80s, so maybe this alone disqualifies me from answering this question, but I frequently read all afternoon and most of the night as a teenager. I'd do it now, but 2 kids demand 27 hours a day of my attention :). I don't know if I was average or not, but I have a lifelong love of reading and actually became a professional editor (yes, you can get PAID to read!).How many hours do ';normal'; teenagers read a day?
ummm a lot of teenagers dont like to read. (at least my friends dont)


i love reading, but i hardly find time for it with a lot of activities...


probably four hours a week? maybe?
ZERO
You will find that the clever teenagers read more and watch less telly. 2 hours each evening is perfectly fine.





I read a lot when I was a teenager until they forced me at school (I did many languages for which I had to read). It took me many years to get my appetite back. So if you like reading, keep reading and don't take notice of what others say. That is not to say that you should become a recluse! Go out and have some fun too.
For fun (Internet and blog): 479364736474 hours a day


For class and schoolwork: -5.5 hours a day





My logic is cannot be denied.
how do u define normal anyway? teenagers are all different and they can read how much they want. if u need a statistics average. go to google or something. but half of it is bulls.h.i.t. bcoz not ALL teenagers answer those questions.
Depends on your defination of normal. teenagers are all different and consider diferent things as 'reading' when it's not really. if you want an approximate answer try researching the topic
None (Unles you consider TV, ads, internet, etc) but all the normal ones are lame.......................If you figure in the above I'm sure it would be..........maybe a couple of pages but that's after averaging those who do not read altogether.
thats an oxy moron ';normal teenager';
I spend about maybe an hour to 2 hours on the computer. Then during a whole school day maybe an hour.
maybe but does the number of reading hours really define normal? that's pretty sill isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment